A used generator set refers to a set of movable equipment consisting of an engine and an electric generator used to provide energy. It can be used as the primary energy source or a complementary source of power, especially when it is under high demand for usage. There are certain factors to consider when purchasing these generator sets. This factor includes:
• Manufacture’s reputation and history
• Usage, hours, and age
• Performance in a load test
• Where or who you are purchasing it from
• It’s maintenance
• Physical tear and wear on the unit.
Advantages of purchasing generator sets
• Availability- used generator set can easily be found by a company or an individual who needs it. For example, many well-established companies usually dispose of their used sets after a certain period at a throw-away price. Thus, saving the middle-income earners or companies time and money as the new ones takes a lot of time-ordered from manufacturers, usually overseas.
• Cost-effective- These used sets are usually very cheap when you compare them with brand-new sets. A good example is a milage covered by a car whereby a car that has traveled can be sold at a lower price than the new one with zero millage.
• Future maintenance- buying your used set from a company that usually services its machines frequently will be of great benefit since they will be servicing and maintaining your generator throughout the entire period they are using it. They will also be having a lot of experience with it, and they will guide you accordingly on how to use it effectively to increase its efficiency.
• Flexibility- when you buy a used generator, you will have a significant advantage of flexibility since you can easily make modifications that favor your demands or necessities.
• Reliability- used generators are usually very reliable since they have already been tested and proved to work well. It clears the doubt that one may have after purchasing a new one from the manufacturers or dealers.